I arrived in London late. At 9:30 am on Tuesday morning. I was expected at 7:30 meaning my flight out had been delayed. I had spent the previous evening, which felt like eons ago, in the virgin atlantic lounge drinking what they call "vrigin readheads." Something to do with campari and champagne.
Anyway. Since Tuesday I have met Kathleen, my godsend of a roommate, and begun to settle in. Together we've come out of jetlag by forced march through the National Gallery, we've survived a move of 5 suitcases 2 backpacks and 2 purses from a hotel to our dorm on foot, we've gone out with friends to a traditional English pub that mysteriously serves thai food, we've oreinteered and pioneered. We have a coffee shop we like, a favorite residential square and we're trying to become locals a corner pub that's totally out of our league.
Tomorrow's missions include: setting up a bank account, getting to know our classmates and going out to a club that resides in a converted horse stable.
cheers from Woburn Place!
No comments:
Post a Comment