Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day... 6... feels like 25.

Here are a few more pictures and a little update on today.


Kathleen, my roommate eating lunch in front of our grocery store at the Brunswick center. 5 mins from our dorm.



self explanatory



The white building is the NYU in London headquarters in Bedford Square!

Today I met Dave's friend Allison at her UK church, Holy Trinity Bromton. It is really easy to get to for me because it's on the Picadilly line. It only took about ten minutes and then maybe a 7 minute walk in a great neighborhood, past herrods. I really liked the church because it's in a traditional old church building even though the service seems a little "newer." We went an 11:30 service which had alot of families but the message was really great. Allison and I might go to their newcomer events or even to some of the student stuff.

Afterwards I checked out a house in Brockley where Dave is thinking of living. I had to take the British rail but it wasn't too far. The family was really nice. One of the sons of the house who is moving out to get married met me in his pj's. The family was really welcoming and they keep a beautiful, colorful home with lots of young people (students or young proffesionals) coming in and out, staying in various spare rooms.
It was a fun atmosphere.

Later i came back to relax in my little dorm. I felt a little lonely, for the first time and wished I had some of my friends here from last semester to grab a pint with.

Luckily some of my new friends came back from an excursion of their own and they did grab a pint with me at the Marquis Cornwalis.... where I am a regular ;)

Tomorrow should be great! It's our first real academic day. We get a private tour of the John Soane Museum-- which is one of my favorite London spots (that I have visited). Later in the day we will have an inaugural lecture with all of the graduate students and then a reception where we will meet our professors, mostly professors of the practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment